Search This Blog

December 02, 2011

NI2 G

Hi!

This post is for Tuesdays-Thursdays NI2 group. As we aren't meeting till Dec 13th, I'd like to remind people of assignments for these days:

- Writing assignment. A for-and-against composition (p. 34) on either:
        - What are the advantages and disadvantages of the public health service in Spain? or
        - What are the advantages and disadvantages of alternative medicine.

- Handout on conditionals 

- Way Idioms handout. Write down sentences using the expressions on this link. Why don't you drop your sentences here? I won't stand on your way if you want to keep studying English outside the classroom ;-)

- "The cost of a skeptical society"  Read the text you'll find on pages 4 and 5 below:
You may read ElPais in English in this link

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello I'm Jorge, mateclass of NI2 G
I have to write a formal mail adressed to Fermilab, an important research institution in particle physics from USA. I've been selected to attend one physics course from 13-24 February 2012 and I've to comunicate my presence in this course before 7 December.
I've thought anything as the follow:

*************************************
Dear Ms Suzanne

Firstly, thank you for taking me into account to attend EDIT 2012 The Symposium of Excellence in Detectors and Instrumentation Technologies at Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory and I am very enjoyed having been selected to it. I am writing to confirm my presence in this Symposiun it will be celebrated from 13th until 24th of February.

Thank you for your consideration, I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely yours.
***********************

I don't know if you think it is very short or is right, but all comments wil be welcome.

Thanks so much

Unknown said...

How about this?:

Dear Ms Suzanne:

I would first like to thank you for allowing me to attend EDIT 2012 "The Symposium of Excellence in Detectors and Instrumentation Technologies" at Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory. I'm glad to have been selected.

This is to confirm my presence in such Symposium celebrated from 13th through 24th of February.

I appreciate your consideration and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
***********************

Anonymous said...

Hello, I want to thank you for giving me ideas about the mail. I've just sent her.