Search This Blog

November 22, 2013

Mini Sagas

As commented in class, a mini saga is a short story told in 50 words. With some discipline and creativity, you can say a lot in 50 words. Find an example from Squidoo.com below:
Love at first sight

John was a regular in that train. Today seemed different, probably because of Sally who was in New York for work. They started the conversation casually but both became very close in less than thirty minutes. They exchanged phone numbers, of course. John promptly called a day later – “Wrong number!”
This one is from one of my students last year:
José Vicente said...
We had known each other for a long time. I always knew I didn´t like him. He never smiled or had a kind word to me. A casual fact made him fall. I now miss him. Perhaps I should buy me another mirror.
I'd like you to be inventive and ingenious! Don't be shy!

No comments: