Search This Blog

October 13, 2013

Alice Munro, 'Master' Of The Short Story, Wins Literature Nobel

On Thursday, Alice Munro became the 110th winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature, and only the 13th woman to win the award in more than a century. The Canadian writer was hailed by the Swedish Academy as a "master of the contemporary short story." Over a four-decade career, Munro has written 14 collections of stories and one novel.

Listen to All things considered program from npr.org
Transcript

I encourage you to read some of her stories posted by my colleague Cris on her class blog.

1 comment:

Isabel said...

Hi M. José!!!
How are you? I am fine,and I passed I2 last course, Can you belive it??
I wanted you to know that you still continue being an inspiration to improve my English. Thanks for your blog once more. I really like all the topics and your recommentations which I find absolutely useful.

Thank you teacher!!!
Best wishes
Isabel